Sunday 9 February 2014

Silk Stripes

Today I bought one of the new Barry M Silk polishes in Heather. It's such a cute colour I got excited and painted my nails straight away. Then realised I had no plans what else I was going to do with it to make my nails pretty! So I had to find something I could do after I had already painted them! And something I could do quick, as I've had so much work to do this weekend!
This is how they ended up:





I used some blue striping tape to make stripes on one nail on each hand. Then I thought, wouldn't it look better if they were actually stripes. So I used Revlons Chroma Chameleon in Aquamarine which is almost the exact same colour as the tape and filled in alternate stripes. I then painted one more finger on each hand in this colour, so it was a little less random! 

I actually really like this. Nice and simple, without being just plain boring. I really like these two colours together too.

The Silk polish is quite thin and pale. I had to use 3 coats to get a nice even coverage and it is still a really light colour. It has a nice sheen to it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment