Friday 21 March 2014

Pretty Poundland Nail Polish

So, for a while I have been buying the likes of Sally Hansen, Revlon and Rimmel nail polishes from Poundland. Every time I go in there I wonder what their own brand polishes are like, (which are called 'Pretty') but I never bother buying them as I would rather get ones I know will be good! So, as part of my birthday present my bf bought me this gorgeous looking pink glitter topcoat to try.

I have to admit, I didn't have high expectations but I was actually pleasantly surprised!!



It goes on reasonably easily, although a little fishing was required to find the larger pieces of glitter, and  didn't clump together. I was most impressed with the finish. I have had cheap glitters before that dry really rough, where the glitter sticks out of the polish, but this didn't happen. It dried with a nice, smooth finish, almost like a gel. Smooth enough I didn't need a topcoat (And that's something from me, who hates non-smooth nails!!). This meant it easily survived my shower and hair washing, which is always the challenge for glitter, when little strands of hair get stuck underneath!! It did take quite a while to dry though. The first hand I ended up smudging whilst trying to photograph them, and having to do again! (So excuse any pictures where it looks a bit dodgy!!)

                             


It has definitely made me want to buy some more of their polishes to try out. This is just a topcoat, so It will be more difficult to see how it lasts, but I am considering buying just one or two colour polishes to try.
The colours I used were Barry M Matt White, as a base for the glitter, and Rimmel Purple Pulse. I love this mani.. Just enough glitter to be pretty, without being OTT!


 Has anyone else tried the Poundland 'Pretty' polishes? What did you think of them?

4 comments:

  1. I've been picking up 1 or 2 of them whenever I've gone in for other polish and I've been really surprised by how good some of them are. The Leather, Denim and Scatter Effect are great but I didn't like the Concrete effect one at all! This glitter looks fab though, and I'll be picking one up next time I'm in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really good, I definitely didn't expect it! I'll try some more if they're quite good! The problem with the other polishes they sell is you never know what they will have, at least there will always be a wide choice of these! Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried those -I am a fan of the Jess polishes they stock - some great glitters there, and foils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? That's good to know, I've always wondered about them too!! Will have to try a few. x

      Delete